Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During BB Migration, can i know before hand how many users i need?

Hernando Gallego March 21, 2024

Good day team,

When doing a Migration from Bitbucket Datacenter to Bitbucket Cloud, is there a way (before using the Bitbucket Cloud Migration Assistant) to know the number of users you actually need to migrate?

Sometimes you don't need to migrated all the users, and you should not delete some users since they are part of repository metadata: They either did contribute to a a development through a commit or PR.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024

Hi @Hernando Gallego ,

you need to migrate users that need to operate on the source code. All metadata about old operations like commits associated to old users not migrated will remain in the code history with the username of the user that performed that action.

Fabio

Hernando Gallego April 2, 2024

Thanks for the info @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

But i am looking for a way to do the following:

1. I have a client that needs to migrate from DataCenter (DC) to Bitbucket Cloud (BB).

2. I have notices the number of licenses required on BB varies from the one currently in use on DC.

3. So i am wondering if there is a way to determine the exact or pretty close number of licenses needed on BB through a query or similar.
I  know the tool can do that, but we would like to prevent using the tool so we can clean users as much as possible prior to running the BCMA.

I haven't found anything that could actually tell us that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events