'Downloads' section storage limit?

I'm considering storing binaries of my repos in their 'Downloads' section. Does anyone know if there is a limit to how big a file can be and how much we can store in the 'Downloads' section? I've searched and can't find anything that indicates a limit - I just want to be sure before I start packing things into the 'Downloads' section. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Justin! The downloading archive must be no larger than 2GB. This is documented at What kind of limits do you have?

Hope this helps :)

Ana

Hi Ana, could you clarify something for me? It sounds like files in the 'Downloads' section cannot exceed 2GB, but can the entirety of the 'Downloads' section exceed 2GB? 

For example, would it be possible to store 10 zip files in the 'Downloads' section, each with a size of 1GB (10GB total)?

Also, I've been trying to upload a zip file with a size of 650MB but the upload page always times out on me - do you know a way to circumvent this?

Hi Justin, 2GB is the maximum size allowed for an individual file. The whole Download section can exceed that number.

Regarding your last question, looks like that is a bug on our side, any file above 250MB will not work, even though our limit is higher. We're tracking this issue at Unable to upload large files in Downloads. Feel free to comment on it and watch it to receive further notifications.

Cheers!

Ana

Thanks for the update. I'll keep watch on the issue. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked 11m ago in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

3 views 0 1
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you