Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt regarding the code uploading and access to master

admin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 18, 2021

I just wanted to know one thing in bitbucket. Whenever any developer wants to commit any code changes, what will be the process to get those changes approved by the master and then only it will be pushed into the main repository? Because in our company, 3 developers are working on the same project , the code changes have to go to one senior developer for approval, only if he approves then it should go to the main repo. Is there any link available to do that. Please let me know , I need it urgently to implement in our projects 

1 answer

0 votes
seanaty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2021

Yes this is available. This is called "merge checks."  You can specify different rules that have to be satisfied before being able to be merged to master.

For instance you can require that in order to merge in to master people can only do so through a pull request. You can also specify that it has to have specific users' approval before it can be merged as well.

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/suggest-or-require-checks-before-a-merge/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events