Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't want to see changes in certain files when viewing the diff of commits

Perretta_ Ryan December 27, 2022

To be clear here, I do NOT want to use a .gitignore because it is important that these changes still get saved to the repository. The software that I am using saves each component of my project with a property called 'lastModificationSignature' that will update on every component every time I export it to Bitbucket. This makes a big mess when I look at the diff between two commits. What I would like is a way to have Bitbucket ignore these changes when showing the diff. All of these files share the same name, but exist in various folders. If anyone knows if there is a way to do this please let me know. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2023

Hi @Perretta_ Ryan and welcome to the community.

I'm afraid that it is not possible to exclude files from a commit's diff at the moment, this feature is only available for pull request diffs.

We have a feature request for what you are asking in our issue tracker:

The request has been closed as it is unlikely to be worked on in the near future. However, I would suggest leaving a comment there to express your interest and give details about your use case, as our product managers continue to monitor even closed requests.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events