Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the rest api 2.0 exist for server?

Martin Muzatko September 3, 2018

I am using bitbucket server version 5.9.

The 2.0 api was released in 2013. (See Blog post)

A search in the documentation for server gives me no meaningful information.

The url showcased in the blogpost corresponds to api.server.com/api/2.0/... but the URL for rest api for bitbucket server is: server.com/rest/api/1.0

So I tried if "server.com/rest/api/2.0" exists, but I got no luck so far (404 error)

Is there an alternative to 2.0 repositories API? I want to use semantic-release and have a bitbucket trigger to push the CI build with the git tag. But bitbucket support is really poor!

Please document this ASAP or tell me how to enable this.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2018

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the community!

Excellent question. The bog post you linked is specifically for Bitbucket Cloud (bitbucket.org), and unfortunately does not apply to Bitbucket Server.

It's important to understand Bitbucket Cloud and Server are separate products; the features and APIs are not identical.

Having said that, most (if not all) of the features listed in that blog post are available in Bitbucket Server - albeit in a slightly different format.

Is there an alternative to 2.0 repositories API?

Please have a look at the REST API documentation for Bitbucket Server, especially repositories.

I hope this helps, cheers!

Henk van Voorthuijsen December 7, 2018

Please have a look at the REST API documentation for Bitbucket Server, especially repositories.

That particular link only contains references to REST API v1.0 - so does Bitbucket Server support v2.0 or not?

I need this in order to get more detailed info for tags - something that is not in v1.0...

Dick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2018

Hi Henk,

Thank you for your reply.

That particular link only contains references to REST API v1.0 - so does Bitbucket Server support v2.0 or not?

There is no v2.0 for Bitbucket Server.

Please note: Comparing REST API versions between Bitbucket Cloud and Bitbucket Server is comparing apples and oranges. They are separate products, each with their own distinct REST API and versioning. Bitbucket Cloud REST v1.0 is completely different from Bitbucket Server REST v1.0.

I need this in order to get more detailed info for tags - something that is not in v1.0...

What information for tags are you looking for specifically? Which version of Bitbucket Server are you using?

ilitmanovich June 23, 2019

Hi,

we are using BitBucket Server (v5.16.2) and are looking for some advanced features of REST API. Specifically:

• We want to merge a PR via REST API with one of the predefined merge strategies allowed in the project
  • When doing squash merge we want to specify resulting squash commit message instead of using a default one.

Are there any plans to add these (and other advanced functions) to BitBucket Server REST API? Probably there is some workaround to achieve the same result without REST?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events