Does bitbucket pipelines support parallelization

I want to run my (selenium) tests in parallel so that I can run the same tests against different browsers. How would I accomplish that?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jim, do you mean running Selenium inside Bitbucket Pipelines? This is possible and in fact we test bitbucket pipelines itself in this way. This would be considered an advanced setup and there's not a lot of documentation around it.

For the best experience, we'd recommend using one of our partners like Browserstack; they even have a repo ready to go https://bitbucket.org/browserstack/bitbucket-pipelines.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Hi @Ana Retamal Ortiz!

Thanks for replying.

Actually, so are we - but we use SauceLabs. :)

But what I want to do is to be able to kick off concurrent runs, like so (in pseudo code):

Run tests on SauceLabs against Firefox

Run tests on SauceLabs against Chrome

Those two steps should happen concurrently, instead of in sequence. Mainly to save time.

I can solve it using a script and spawning child-processes, but it would be a better solution if the pipelines supported it (like for instance GOCD does).

Hope that makes my question clearer. :)

Cheers

Hi Jim! I've talked to one of my colleagues from the Pipelines team and he told me that, currently, we have no built in support for running tests in parallel. We have a Feature request for that and you can vote for it at Allow optional concurrent parallel script.

Let us know if you have any other questions :)

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,196 views 8 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you