Does artifacts in Bitbucket pipelines get replaced?

Ci Admin December 31, 2020

I'm working with bitbucket pipelines and I want to archive a build folder every time the pipeline runs. But the artifacts dont get replaced by new one. How can I make new artifacts available for each build.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2021

Hi @Ci Admin ,

An artifact is produced by a step of a build, and it is therefore associated with that build. You cannot replace artifacts produced by and associated with a different build.

Why would you need to replace artifacts of previous builds?

I'm not sure what your use case is, if you could provide us with some more context, we may be able to find a different way to achieve what you want.

If the archived folder is not too large, one idea would be to upload the archived folder in the Downloads section of the repo. You can use the following pipe for this:

Uploading a new file with the same name will replace the existing file in the Downloads section of the repo. Is this something that would work for you?

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2021

How about write a clean workplace script? 

Will it help you?

Ci Admin January 3, 2021

I haven't found anything that could clear the stored artifacts in pipeline.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events