Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Stash 2.8.2 delete /from references?

Alexey_Efimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

I know that in Stash 2.9.0 it will be OK, but on Stash 2.8.2:

$ /var/lib/stash/data/repositories/4 (BARE:master) $ find refs -name 'from' -type f
refs/pull-requests/5640/from
refs/pull-requests/5673/from
$ /var/lib/stash/data/repositories/4 (BARE:master) $ find refs -name 'from' -type f
refs/pull-requests/5674/from

It's ~ 1 minute between find's commands. All three pull requests are still in OPEN state after last command.

Does it Stash delete `from` references or i have ghosts on my server? Also one strange thing — the `git ls-remote` return all 'from' references as it exists on disk. Maybe it cached by SSH SCM Cache plugin. Maybe `git ls-remote` read it from database.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

Hi Alexey,

Stash doesn't (yet) remove the from refs. Over time though Git will pack them into packed-refs, which is why you can't find them. We don't currently control the ref advertisement of Git, so we're not serving them up from the DB. (I suspect we may eventually do something like that)

As mentioned previously in Stash 2.9 we're going to start cleaning up all of the pull request refs, and only the from/merge refs of _open_ PRs will remain visible. This is to avoid the number of refs increasing and slowing down operations.

Cheers,

Charles

Alexey_Efimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2013

Thank you& Possible it side effect from our automerge plugin... If it fires error Stash as i know completelly remove from/to references. I'll check it.

Alexey_Efimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2013

OMG, what is it? :))) It actually contains all my missed from refs.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2013

Alexey, did you look in the packed-refs file?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events