Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Does Bitbucket Cloud support git pre-receive hooks?

I would like to configure a Bitbucket Cloud git repository with a pre-receive hook. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jredmond Atlassian Team Nov 28, 2018

It is not currently possible.

@jredmond are there plans to add this feature such that I could watch a feature request issue for updates?

+1 Need this

1 vote

Hi @Johnathan Gilday 

As an alternative, until Atlassian delivers this, you can give Better Commit Policy for Bitbucket a try! It allows you to install local hooks, so you can verify commit right on the developers' computer at commit time. As long as it's consistently used across the developer team, it can work as an alternative to a server-side hook.

(Please note that the app relies on Better Commit Policy for Jira!) 

Better Commit Policy for Bitbucket seems to be supported only in Server / Datacenter and not in Cloud.

Hi @_abhishekgarg 

Yes, that's why I mentioned local hooks, as a workaround (and that it relies on  Better Commit Policy for Jira Server) until Atlassian delivers pre-receive hooks. As long as the local hooks are consistently used across the developer team, it can work as an alternative to a server-side hook.

So it's not yet available to be directly installed on Bitbucket Cloud, and Bitbucket Cloud also doesn't allow you to configure pre-receive hooks. You can read more about how this workaround can work here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events