Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Bit bucket support AWS EFS ? What other alternatives available for NFS DR replication?

Karthick Krishnan December 16, 2020

Hi All,

I would like to know if Bit bucket would support AWS EFS as NFS solution. I see in the FAQ that AWS EFS is not supported by Bit Bucket. If not, what other storage options are supported as NFS solution

Thanks

-Karthick

2 answers

2 votes
Cihan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2024

Hello,

Yes, Bitbucket DC supports AWS EFS as stated in Bitbucket FAQs - Does Bitbucket Data Center clustering support Amazon EFS but be aware that if you’ve migrated all Git repositories from the Bitbucket shared home directory to Bitbucket Mesh, and also it's not recommended to use AWS EFS in case you have Git LFS.

Regards,
Cihan

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2021

@Karthick Krishnan can you specify in more detail:

do you want to use Bitbucket Cloud as NFS as storage or do you want to be able to deploy to AWS EFS cloud through Bitbucket Pipelines?

Currently, the first approach is not that Bitbucket Cloud for, but the second one sounds interesting. But anyway we want to clearify your needs.

Regards, Galyna

Pavan Dronamraju June 23, 2021

Galyna,

This is the same issue we are facing as of now. we tried sharing the "$Bitbucket_home/shared" folder over AWS EFS.
we created sample files on individual instances and were able to see those available on shared mount space.

When you say not supported what exactly is not supported? Does it have any impact on Hazelcast clustering and members joining the cluster ?

Thanks 

Pavan

Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2021

@Pavan Dronamraju I did not say it is not supported. To say if something is supported or not, we need more clear problem understanding

If we talk about aws efs - we just do not have bitbucket PIPE like this. but you still can execute any code in bitbucket pipelines that is recognized by bash, including aws cli options, some code that is presented as custom bitbucket pipe, where you can write code in any language. This is up to you.

But as I see for now - you're facing the problem with mounting in pipeline.

Could you share the part of pipeline, so that we can understand the problem more clear? I suspect, you have some issues with mounting folders - that can be, I believe, Bitbucket Pipelines do some restrictions, BUT to understand, what exactly is happening, we need that pipeline code (may be with not real names, but with real structure) to say you more and see the root cause. Now the problem description is too abstract and lacks details.

Regards, Galyna

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events