Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have a option to create a user without giving group name

Arnav May 17, 2022

I would like to add one new user to my bitbucket cloud . he would like to create a New  project and repo's.

When I tried adding him in Bitbucket <Members<Add members<

Email address- ****

Groups -

It is not allowing to add without group name. 

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022

Hey Aarohi!

When inviting a user to a workspace via the Workspace Settings menu, you must specify a group for them to join as the group will define what kind of access they have to the workspace and its repositories (ie you will require Write access to allow a user to create projects/repo's).

If you invite a user to the workspace by inviting them to a repository from the Repository Settings menu, a group will not need to be added - although they will only have access to make changes to the repository which you have invited them to.

I would suggest creating a group and inviting the user to the workspace in this manner via Workspace Settings.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Arnav May 17, 2022

Hi Ben,

My question is - The person is new to bitbucket ,and he would like to create project and repo's.

We donot have seperate group for new project.

Please suggest in this case.

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2022

Hey Aarohi,

You do not need a seperate group per project, user groups define if a user has READ, WRITE or ADMIN access to a workspace as a whole. The following article describes this in detail:
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/grant-repository-access-to-users-and-groups/

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events