Do the number of pull request impact bitbucket performance?

Stephen Opalenski July 25, 2016

If a repository we own has many open pull requests would that impact performance of Bitbucket at all? 

For example, would 5000 open pull requests negatively impact a Git repository hosted on Bitbucket?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
abhin-atl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2016

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately, the number of open PRs does impact the performance of a repo. One specific case I know this to be true is for merges. For some background, each comment in a PR has a link to not only the file and the specific lines but also to a specific commit. When a PR is merged, the comments in all PRs that target the same branch as the PR being merged need to be drifted to the latest version. 

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2016

While I am not a developer on the Bitbucket team I think it is not likely. Most likely the Pull Request page is paginated so that, no matter how many PR's you have, they only load a number of them at a time: giving them fixed performance times.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events