Do bug reporters count as contributors toward the 5 user cap?

Lets say I have a website in a private repo in Bitbucket with the Free for 5 users account, with Bug Tracking setup.

And I have a group fo 10 testers for my website.

For all 10 of those testers to use the Bug Tracking in Bitbucket, do they each need a bitbucket account AND do they all count as contributers? Therefore requiring me to upgrade the account to one that will support 11 users?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Ezra,

What is a user?

Someone with read or write access to one of your private repositories.

Public/Private Issue Tracking

For a private tracker, a user's access to the code repository also applies to the tracker. For a public tracker, anyone can view/create/comment on issues even if the code repository is private.

That should answer your question. If you don't mind keeping your issue tracker public, you won't need a license. But if you do, then you will need a license.

Hope the helps.

Cheers

Bhushan

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 10, 2018 in Bitbucket

What is your #1 piece of advice to new users getting started using Bitbucket?

Hello Community! My name is Claire Maynard, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager on the Bitbucket team. I’m interested in hearing what advice or tips you have for new users getting started on ...

245 views 14 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you