Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Screenshots in Pull Request Comments Count Against Size Limit?

Deleted user November 14, 2019

If someone posts an screenshot in a comment of a pull request, does that image size count against the repository limit of 2 GB?  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2019

Hello @[deleted],

Thanks for reaching out.

No, 2GB limit is for the size of Git/Hg repository itself, not for the metadata like PRs and comments. Simply put, it's the size of what you get after a full repository clone.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Daniil

Deleted user December 3, 2019

Thank you @Daniil Penkin, is there any other limit that metadata goes against?  A concern has been raised that my team should be cognizant of too much metadata since it goes against our quota.  I have been searching the documentation but cannot find what quota that might be.

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

No, there're only three kind of quotas related to size of things I think:

• single repository size – 2GB
  • LFS, large file storage – depends on your plan and counts across entire account rather than per repository. Only makes sense if you use Git LFS, obviously.
  • Downloads – this is an area where you can store some files next to your repository but not under version control system, these files are stored in S3. Limit here is 1GB per file.

No metadata is counted into the quota.

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events