We are using a feature-branch based workflow. This is how we (want to) operate:
1. Create a branch locally on my dev machine.
2. Make one or more commits to my local branch.
3. Push branch to remote (Stash)
4. Create pull request. Initiate code review. Add comments to pull request.
5. Developer(s) make additional changes to the branch, and push those changes to the remote.
6. See the updated pull request, code review one more time, and then merge in if all is well (otherwise, go back to step 5).
For us, we get stuck at step 6. Our devs are able to push changes to the branch that's got a PR out, but the PR doesn't get updated. We try looking at the PR but it never updates. If I hit merge, it merges from the code at step 4 (before our review-initiated changes).
Is this a bug or the way it's supposed to work? We want to use Pull Requests the way GitHub uses pull requests (if you've read that article) -- lots of discussion around the work (including changes to the work) present in the pull request.
We were on 2.8.3 but have just upgraded to 2.10.1 and are still noticing this issue.
That is definitely not intended functionality, you should be able to use Stash like you would Github, but it's not a bug either. It's likely to be this known issue:
The required Git hooks on your Stash server have obviously been corrupted in some way. Please talk to your sysadmin and follow the above article. If you get stuck please raise a support ticket so we can help you fix the problem.
As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs