Do I need to buy a license per developer?

Zhe Lv June 6, 2013

Assuming we have 100 developers to use Git. But we don't need so many to log in stash. Could I purchase 25 licenses for who to manage the repository?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2013

Yes, assuming that only 25 will be named users in Stash. A user is per login name.

Per Atlassian:

Licensing fees are quoted per total number of 'Stash users'. A Stash user is by definition any user account in the Stash system with the 'use' permission, i.e. anyone who can view the site while logged in.

Hope that helps.

<th> </th> <th> </th> <th> </th> <th> </th> <th> </th> <th colspan="8"> </th><th> </th> <th> </th> <th> </th> <th> </th>
2 votes
Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2013
The above answer is not quite correct. Every developer who requires write access to the repositories stored in Stash will require a Stash account. Cheers, Jens
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2013

Thanks for the clarification. Good to know.

I guess the Stash Licensing FAQ needs update?

Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2013

It's actually covered in the FAQ.

A Stash user is by definition any user account in the Stash system with the 'use' permission.

The "use" permission is required to gain write-access to Stash. Probably doesn't hurt to be more explicit about that.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2013

Perhaps this is a better reference Jens?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Using+repository+permissions

Three types of permissions:

• Admin
  • Write
  • Read

Never ever heard of 'use' permissions as a contextual word in repos or filesystems - is that a permissions 'term' that you use at Atlassian only?

Regardless, your clarification is an important distinction and valid point compared with my first answer - so yes, FAQ could be clearer to this, I guess, since it came up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events