Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Discrepancies between docker and pipeline compilation results - Linker Error

We have a pipeline setup for our project, and it is based on Debian, compiling some c++ code with the c++ executable.

A local docker image is set up with the same dockerfile uploaded to the repository, and for the same setup commands, the results from the online pipeline are different than the local docker machine in the last linker step. The code finishes compilation successfully in the local docker, while it fails in the pipeline.

bitbucket-pipelines.yml has the following commands:

# This is a sample build configuration for C++ – Make.
# Check our guides at https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/5Q4SMw for more examples.
# Only use spaces to indent your .yml configuration.
# -----
# You can specify a custom docker image from Docker Hub as your build environment.
image: be1et/ceinms-platform:latest
pipelines:
  default:
    - step:
        # Double the resources for this build
        size: 2x
        caches:
          - "builddir"
        script:
          # Clones required submodules
          - git submodule update --init
          # Prepare build
          - mkdir -p build && cd build && cmake .. -DOPENSIM_INSTALL_DIR=/opensim_install -Wno-dev -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-w"
          # We build with hidden warnings, which is bad, but there are so many warnings regular output is drowned out
          # Build
          - cmake --build . --verbose
definitions:
  caches:
    builddir: build

The commands to compile the code in the local docker are the following

git reset --hard a4e0b5da0e43dfa9ed63544e79bba0cdc289a13c 
git submodule update --init
mkdir -p build && cd build
cmake .. -DOPENSIM_INSTALL_DIR=/opensim_install -Wno-dev -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-w"
cmake --build . --verbose

The compilation results for the local and pipeline are linked to the respective names.

With the files of the local docker, I dumped the object where the functions reported as missing should be located, and indeed they are listed there. I can`t be sure if they are listed in the objects generated in the pipeline.

What could be causing this discrepancy in results, and how can I approach fixing it? Is there any way to remotely access the pipeline machine to try and debug this?

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S Atlassian Team Jul 19, 2022

Hello @Lucas Avanci Gaudio ,

In order to further investigate this case we'd need to take a look at your pipeline build, so I went ahead and created an internal ticket for you using the email of your community account, so you don't have to share this information here. You should have received an email with a link to the support ticket.
Just in case you haven't received it, please feel free to let me know and I can post the ticket URL here. The ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, no one else can view its contents even if they have the URL.
Thank you @Lucas Avanci Gaudio .
Kind regards,
Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events