cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disallow merge strategy

Mateusz Parzyszek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 22, 2023

Hi, is there any way to force users to Fast Forward merge strategy only?

As far as I remember on sever version we were allowed to disable other merge strategies, but I cannot find this setting on repository or project level settings.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2023

Hi Mateusz,

I'm afraid that this is not possible at the moment. You can set a default strategy either from Repository settings or from Project settings and this strategy will show then by default when someone tries to merge. However, it is not possible to prevent users from selecting a different strategy.

We have a feature request for what you are asking in our issue tracker:

I would suggest adding your vote (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) to express your interest. You can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events