Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable email notifications for all my users

Ariel Ben Abu May 16, 2022

Hi everyone,

We recently created a bot that can read code from bitbucket and add some comments on pull requests. The number of comments can sometimes be overwhelming and it is something that we can live with, but we get hundreds of emails for all of those comments and sometimes even throttle issues notifications from Gmail.

So we decided we're ok without email notifications for comments on pull requests but I couldn't find any way to disable it for the entire department. Only the users can change their own notification settings which is less than practical for us.  

Is there any existing solution to disable email notifications for an entire group?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022

Hello @Ariel Ben Abu ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.

I'm afraid it's currently not possible to manage the notifications for all the users in a given workspace because the notifications settings are considered personal settings configured at the user account level.

That said, I went ahead and created a feature request to implement this functionality, which you can find in the link below :

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind: https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html

While this feature is not implemented, each user who does not want to receive the notification from Pull Requests would indeed have to go to Personal settings > Notifications and change their preferences for notifications.

Hope that helps to clarify your questions.

In case you have any other questions related to this topic, please let me know.

Thank you @Ariel Ben Abu .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events