Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different pipeline steps for creating branch versus commit to branch

martinrowe December 12, 2018

Im relatively new to pipelines but I have managed to get this up and running sucessfully and does 95% of what I need this to do. I understand how to execute different steps for certain branch types etc... and that is all fine. However I am struggling to find a suitable answer to my problem.

At present my set up I have a pipeline set up to run differently if the branch is a feature branch or master or default. However I would like to add some form of conditional logic to enable me to run slightly different steps when a feature branch gets created, versus commiting a change to an existing branch.

some kind of pseudo logic for this would be;

If 'trigger' = 'git branch' do xxxx

else yyyy

Existing yml file below, requirement above would only need to be aplied to the feature/* branch. I would have thought this would be a fairly common requirement but I cannot find anything on this or I am missing somthing obvious!

pipelines:
  default:
    - step:
       name: deploy to dev
       deployment: test
       script:
           - apt-get update
           - apt-get -qq install git-ftp
           - git ftp push --user $FTP_USER --passwd $FTP_PWD $FTP_URL.$FTP_DEV_SITE
  branches:
    master:
      - step:
         name: deploy to production
         deployment: production
         script:
             - apt-get update
             - git ftp push --user $FTP_USER --passwd $FTP_PWD $FTP_URL.$FTP_PROD_SITE
    feature/*:
      - step:
         name: deploy to staging
         deployment: staging
         script:
             - apt-get update
             - git ftp push --user $FTP_USER --passwd $FTP_PWD $FTP_URL.$FTP_STAGE_SITE

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events