Deploying to multiple environments in parallel??

Jim Priest February 7, 2022

It's 2022 and it's very common to deploy to multiple machines? Is this not supported? 

We have redundant prod machines and would like to be able to deploy to all of them in one parallel step. Not through a multi-step process which is very tedious and time consuming. 

I'm trying to do something like this - and would like to see one "Promote" button to push to deploy to both Prod environments but instead I seem to be forced to deploy to Prod 1,  then Prod 2.  

Would be nice if there was a trigger at the parallel level which would then kick off all the parallel steps together.  

- parallel:
- step:
name: Deploy to Production 1
trigger: manual
<<: *deployment-tarball
deployment: Production 1
- step:
name: Deploy to Production 2
<<: *deployment-tarball
deployment: Production 2

2 answers

0 votes
Eduardo Asenjo February 10, 2022

As a workaround you can always have a dummy single manual step before your Parallel steps:

- step:
name "Init deploy"
script: echo "Init deploy for the parallel steps!"
- parallel:
- step: *deployToEnv1
- step: *deployToEnv2
- step: *deployToEnv3
0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2022

Hello @Jim Priest ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

From my understand you would like to have the option to trigger multiple manual parallel steps using a single button. If that is the case, unfortunately at this moment this option is not available on Bitbucket Pipelines. However, we already have a feature request on our public issue tracker to implement that functionality, which you can find in the following link:

I went ahead and linked this post to the feature request, but I would also suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind: https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html

Let us know in case you have any questions.

Thanks, @Jim Priest .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events