Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy to AWS Opsworks

sahr john
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 30, 2022

Hello, I would like to build and deploy my php app (Wordpress) to AWS opsworks. I do not see a pipe for that yet. Also is there a possibility to set up a call to discuss best possible solutions. Although I am reaching you from my free personal account, I do have a premium account, if you do offer call sessions for premium accounts. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2022

Hello and welcome to the community!

Just to give you some context first: Bitbucket Pipelines builds run in Docker containers. For every step you define in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file, a Docker container starts, the repo is cloned in that container (unless you disable cloning), and then the commands of that step's script are executed in that container. When the step finishes, the container gets destroyed.

If you don't specify a Docker image in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file, atlassian/default-image:latest will be used. However, you can use any public and private Docker images including those hosted on Docker Hub, AWS, GCP, Azure, and self-hosted registries accessible on the internet.

With regards to AWS Opsworks, if the service provides a way to deploy from another machine via command line, it may be possible to do this in Pipelines by using the same commands in the script of your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file.

I would recommend looking into AWS Opsworks documentation or contacting their support team regarding how to deploy from another machine via command line. You could then test this first by deploying locally from your machine, and then by deploying from a Docker container on that machine, before configuring it in Pipelines.

You can use secured user-defined variables for storing any credentials that may be required for authentication:

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/variables-and-secrets/

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events