Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delving in the help of professionals: seriously, I have a qestion

Mia Paulin April 6, 2023

Hi all!  This is geared to all the mentors out there.  I'm familiarizing myself with the portal and have a couple of questions.  First, integrate different parts of the Jira portal together to where I don't have to go from one section to the other just to work on different part of the same project.  An example of this is having to go outside of Bitbucket to get to information in Jira software that I need in Bitbucket, and then having to navigate to another Jira product to get other things needed for that project.  The navigation makes me lose track of where I was initially working.  There was a tutorial I was reading that had the information that I thought I bookmarked, but can't find.  In the future, I'm going to link tutorial url's to the actual issue information.  Anyway, call someone guide me in the right direction to either find this information or explain how to link different Jira apps in the same project together so I can just go from one aspect of the project to another?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Anne Saunders
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2023

We don't use Bitbucket, but we do use Jira and Confluence, and the only answer we've found that suits us is LINKS. LOTS of links. 

Whenever a Confluence page or space is created to go with an issue in Jira, The creator adds a link in each product to make back and forth navigation easy. 

I recommend using the "Project Pages" link at the Jira Project level, or "Link to Confluence" button on individual Jira issues; bitbucket looks to be a little more involved, since it's more automated - here's a link, tho: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/link-bitbucket-with-jira-776640408.html#LinkBitbucketwithJira-LinkwithJiraSoftwareCloud

Mia Paulin April 8, 2023

@Anne Saunders Thanks.  That helps out a lot. 

Like Anne Saunders likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events