Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a cloned file in a local machine

Carlos Cerda Jiménez March 2, 2021

Recently I cloned a shared file in my local machine, but i did it wrong, I used a different folder direction and now all the files are there. Is there a problem if I delete these files from my local machine and then clone them again in the right direction?, i.e., if I delete the files in my local machine in a convenctional way, are these deleted for all the member who are currently using them in the cloud or their own machines?. And then Can I clone the same file in the right folder?. If I can´t delete them in a convenctional way, how can I delete them only for my local machine?.

1 answer

0 votes
Eddie Webbinaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Carlos Cerda Jiménez - Unless you explicitly PUSH changes, other users are not effected, that is the distributed nature of git.

I would start with https://www.atlassian.com/git as a primer on some common workflows and commands.

If you;re concerned that you have changes that you want to push to remote later, or might lose something, you can just rename your local folder, and just clone down fresh.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events