Delete large file from the repository

sunny386 March 20, 2023

I want to delete the large from the repo. how can I do it and decrease the repo size?

I want to reduce the size of the repo, can someone please help?

I have manually deleted the file but the repo size is still same, running git gc may resolve the issue. Please run.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2023

Hello @sunny386 ,

I see you have raised an internal ticket with us, and one of my colleagues already executed a GC on your repository which reduced the size back to 153MB.

Feel free to reach out to community again in case you need further assistance in the future :) 

Thank you, @sunny386 !

Patrik S

0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Hi, @sunny386 - this is a user support community, not Atlassian tech support. We don't have access to your repos.

If you're having issues, please open a ticket with Atlassian support at https://support.atlassian.com/contact.

I'd also recommend you edit this post to remove your repo and file names, as those shouldn't be publicly available.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events