Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deeplink to edit page on Bitbucket Server

Matthijs Hakfoort
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 10, 2018

I would like to link to a file on our on-premise Bitbucket Server and enter edit mode immediately. Is this possible? I can get it to work on Bitbucket Cloud using `?mode=edit`, but this doesn't work in Server.

Using `?at=<Branch>&useDefaultHandler=true` I can get to the correct view, but that's as far as I got :)

1 answer

0 votes
John van der Loo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2018

Hi @Matthijs Hakfoort,

We currently don't support deep linking to edit mode in Bitbucket Server. I've added a feature request (BSERV-11061) that you can vote for and watch.

Regards,

John van der Loo
Developer, Bitbucket Server 

Matthijs Hakfoort
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2018

Thanks, voted. I'm a bit surprised at the feature disparity between Cloud and Server to be honest, seems weird.

John van der Loo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2018

It has a lot to do with the fact that Bitbucket Server and Bitbucket Cloud were originally different products from each other and were built by different teams (Bitbucket Cloud was an acquired product while Bitbucket Server, originally called Stash, was built in-house). So while there are a lot of similarities because at a high level they do similar things, there will be some differences between them as features are developed in each to fit best with their current feature set and target audiences.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events