Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Bitbucket Runner - Error using stages in bitbucket-pipeline.yml

Chad Greenburg April 13, 2023

I have a custom Bitbucket Runner running on an EC2 instance in AWS. It's a Linux Docker runner. I've noticed that I can't use stages in my bitbucket-pipeline.yml file. When I add a stage, commit, and push, the resulting pipeline errors with `Unexpected response body`. Has anyone else noticed this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Chad Greenburg and welcome to the community!

I've never come across this issue while using stages with a Linux Docker runner; I would like to ask for some additional info, so we can better help you:

1. Where exactly does this error show? Is it in a build's build log? Or somewhere else?
  2. Can you post here the content of your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file? You can sanitize any private/sensitive info prior to sharing and even remove the commands from each step's script, I would just like to see the structure and indentation in the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file.
  3. What version of the Linux Docker Runner are you using?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Chad Greenburg April 17, 2023

After reading your second point, I found that the indentation was incorrect. I didn't double indent the everything under "- stage:". Thanks for your help, this issue is fixed.

Without that indentation this is what I was receiving. The validate pipeline page said the yml was fine so I didn't even think about indentation.

Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 2.00.01 PM.png

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2023

That's good to hear Chad, thank you for the update.

I will look into the issue with the validator and bring it up to the appropriate team.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like Chad Greenburg likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events