Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating branch from Jira with custom pattern?

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2014

Hi,

we are using Stash linked with JIRA since a couple of days. Every time when we create a branch (link "Create branch" in Jira) a branch is created with the name "feature/issue key + issue description". What we want is only the issue key as branch name e.g. feature/JRA-4355

Is it possible to customize this pattern in a Stash configuration file?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2014

Hi Mathias,

That's how it is supposed to be by default.

This is created as a suggestion. As documented, you can always edit that.

Best regards,
Thiago Bomfim
Atlassian Support - DevTools

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2014

Hi Thiago, yes, that's right. I can edit this value. But I want to have it as Default without issue description (e .g. to avoid that a developer forget to remove the desciption). Thanks!

Philip Armour February 25, 2016

I had the same question - it would be good to be able to change the default branch-naming suggestion, because if you use a different branch naming policy, developers will have to manually change the suggestion each time.

Soheil_Hasankhani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2020

same problem

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events