Create repository from copy another remote repository

Дмитрий Груздев July 20, 2020

Hello!

Please tell me how I can create a repository in the bitbucket server without using a local copy, but by copying another repository in the project.

2 answers

0 votes
Дмитрий Груздев July 20, 2020

Thank you @Maciej Adamczak I don't want to clone the repository locally, Jira creates an empty repository and branches when creating tasks, we use the Java api to create the repository, but the problem is that it is empty and we cannot create branches through the java api.

0 votes
Maciej Adamczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2020

Hi @Дмитрий Груздев if your repository is hosted remotely you can try to import the repository using the built-in importer:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/importing-code-from-an-existing-project-776640909.html

Additionally, you could try to manually copy the repository by pushing the local version of it to a new remote upstream.

First, you would have to initialize the empty repository in Bitbucket and then configure a new upstream in your local repository:

git remote add name-of-your-new-upstream ssh://git@my-bitbucket-server.com:7999/your-project/the-new-repo.git
git push name-of-your-new-upstream --mirror

More information about the remotes and how to clone the repository:

Thanks,

Maciej

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events