Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create repo in Bitbucket fails - Handler dispatch failed; nested exception is java.lang.Error: java.

Rupert Thomas October 1, 2020

I'm running Jira, Bitbucket and Confluence with Docker Compose, following this example:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Running-Atlassian-server-product-on-Docker/ba-p/1209665

I've changed the docker-compose.yml file, to add local directories as data volumes for each of the applications - e.g.:

volumes:
    - D:/DevTools/BitbucketData:/var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket 

All seems well, and can create projects etc in Jira and Bitbucket. When I come to create a repository in Bitbucket, however, I get the following error (full screen): 

Handler dispatch failed; nested exception is java.lang.Error: java.io.IOException: No such file or directory

The repository creation works ok if I use a Docker named volume, however, e.g.:

volumes:
    - bitbucketVolume:/var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket

volumes:
  bitbucketVolume:

Any ideas why that would be the case? I prefer to use the absolute directory path, rather than the named volume, to simplify data backup.

The host machine is running Windows 10, Docker 19.03.12. It is Bitbucket Server v7.6.0 (the current latest tag on Docker hub).

1 answer

0 votes
FPA Support March 29, 2021

Have you by chance had any luck getting this fixed? I am also running into the same error/issue with bitbucket in docker. I host it on linux and have the application data folder hosted on a windows machine I mount to via docker-compose. Everything works except being able to make new repositories.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events