Create branches at the same time in two/more repositories

I am having C# application containing 20 projects in it, all in the same repository.

I am looking to split this into 20 repositories.

I need a standard way for this. Is that correct to split these many projects into many repositories or keep them all in the same repository ?

If we are going to split this to many repositories, how would a developer create a branch in all the repositories in a single click and clone them in all in his machine ?

I am thinking of git commands to create branches.

Is there any option in-built in the Bitbucket ?

Thanks,

R. Venkatesan

1 answer

As far as Git/Bitbucket are concerned, repositories are managed separately. If you need it, you'd have to create your own tool to create or checkout a common branch name across multiple repos.

Whether separating your projects into separate repos is the right thing is dependent on a lot of factors related to your projects specifically. By using the term "projects", they SOUND like they should be in separate repositories, but I can't imagine a use case where what I would consider separate projects would need identical branch names checked out in unison.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

247 views 3 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you