Create a subtree without creating a new folder

Saad ur Rehman Mohsin May 11, 2020

HI,

I  have two repositories.

1. dev repo

2. Subtree repo

For subtree folder I have a folder include in which all code is present but I cannot put that code directly in the folder as I have to create a subtree and when i create a subtree it creates to include folders.

The subtree repo has a folder named as include and it has multiple files and folder structure. Now when I am trying to add that subtree in the main repo it creates a new folder named as include and my directory structure gets messed up. Because it creates like this dev_repo/include/include though I need dev_repo/include

The main problem is that I have to merge this subtree repo back to the main repository from where I make my builds. While I am merging to the main development folder the merge command  is keeping the directory structure as it is in the merge

git remote add -f include https://user@bitbucket.org/blah/include.git
git merge include/master --allow-unrelated-histories

This command is not creating a subfolder that I need for include so my main folder has directory structure like main_dev/include/

Can anyone help me on this issue.

Either I can create a subfolder in merge command or in subtree I dont mess with the directory structures.

Thanks in advance

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events