Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a review for feature branch in mercurial?

Miki Tebeka April 26, 2012

Is there a quick way to create a review for a feature branch?

Currently we use uploaded patches created with "hg diff -r default".

3 answers

1 vote
Chris Kings-Lynne September 24, 2014

Hi Sten, It's pretty terrible to say that it would be too hard. GitHub does it, and a LOT better than Crucible. What any Agile team needs, using Git Flow methodology is the ability to create a review and pick up every commit since the branch point. Then, once the developer has made some fixes, the review should automatically update with new commits in the branch. When will we get this functionality? I have a branch with literally hundreds of commits in it in front of me - several people have tried to create a review and it's just impossible.

0 votes
Sten Pittet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2012

Hi Miki,

There is no direct way to create a review for an entire feature branch via the web interface in Crucible. We deliberatly took the approach of letting users pick individual changesets, or upload patches for specific cases. Having the possiblity to diff an entire branch would request much more effort for us, especially to make sure that this feature can scale for branches with a lot of commits.

You can however leverage the REST API to create a review and add all the corresponding changesets to it.

I looked on our marketplace and I've found a plugin that might help you in this task.

Let me know if this helps.

Sten Pittet
Dev Tools Product Manager
Atlassian

Juan Cruz Nores November 6, 2014

Couldn't you just create a tool in the UI where you specify two commits and just creates a review with that diff (as if a patch was uploaded)? It's extremely annoying to have to do it manually and upload it. The feature branches model typically you review all changes from the last sync with the base branch, you almost never review a single commit. And still, incremental updates are not that useful, since you have to keep the context in your head.

0 votes
Nariman Riahi July 15, 2012

I have the exact same question. I hope Atlassian will respond.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events