Create a repository using REST in Java

I am trying to create a Bitbucket repository using their REST-API. Everything seems to work except setting the "parent" project, where the repository needs to be created in. On this link a cURL example is provided. In the body, the parameter "scm" is set as either "git" or "hg", both being Strings, the parameter "project" seems to be a json object containing a key-value pair. Everything I tried so far did not work (json object, string, etc.)

Question: How can I create a repository IN a specific project?

My code looks the following:

RestTemplate restTemplate = new RestTemplate();
String url = "https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/" + tName + "/" + rName;
HttpHeaders headers = new HttpHeaders();headers.set("Authorization", "Basic 1234567890qwert");headers.setAccept(Collections.singletonList(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON));

MultiValueMap<String, String> project = new LinkedMultiValueMap();project.add("key", "aaaaaaaa"); //the repo should be created in the project aaaaaaaa

MultiValueMap<String, Object> body = new LinkedMultiValueMap<>();postParameters.add("scm", "hg"); //hg or git, does not matterpostParameters.add("project", project); //<-- the api ignores the declared project

HttpEntity<MultiValueMap<String, Object>> requestEntity = new HttpEntity<MultiValueMap<String, Object>>(body, headers);

ResponseEntity<BitbucketRepository> response = restTemplate.exchange(url, HttpMethod.POST, requestEntity, BitbucketRepository.class);

System.out.println("createRepository: " + response);
return response;

1 answer

0 vote

You seem to be sending a multipart/form-data request document here, not a JSON document. As per the curl example, make sure you properly format a json document and send the "Content-Type: application/json" request header.

The JSON document you should be sending as the body of your request should like this:

{
"scm": "hg",
"project": {
"key": "aaaaaaaaa"
}
}

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

31,070 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you