It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create Repository and Project in 1 API call for teams workspace

We have a team workspace.

In that workspace we have members, and I am a member.

I'm trying to write a script to automatically create a repository and a project in the same call.

I have an authentication token, I can make repositories no problem, but if the project doesn't exist, then it throws an error.

{    "type": "error",    "error": {        "fields": {            "project": [                "Select a valid choice. That choice is not one of the available choices."            ]        },        "message": "project: Select a valid choice. That choice is not one of the available choices."    }}

If I use a project that already exists, it will create my repository and put it in the correct project.

Also, Bitbucket, the documentation is awful, get it together.

Here's the route i'm hitting:

https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/NAME_OF_TEAM/NAME_OF_NEW_REPOSITORY

here's that i'm passing with the POST request

{    "scm" : "git",    "project" : {        "key" : "NAME_OF_NEW_PROJECT"    }}

Currently, I cannot create a new repo and a new project, and it would be really nice if I could.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,107 views 0 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you