Could not update one or more files

I'm trying to resolve merge conflicts 'using theirs' but it keeps returning the error:

"Could not update one or more files, please check that no other application is locking your files."

Eventhough all other programs are closed and not using the files it returns this error.

I can try and resolve them one by one but this will take forever because there are more then 70 merge conflict items.

I'm using the latest sourcetree version 2.1.2.5.
Running Windows 10 Home

Any help would be appreciated.

3 answers

same issue can't do anything

Otabek, did you find a solution or workaround?

Same issue using 2.3.1.0 on Windows 7.

Perhaps this will help find the problem...

On all the files that I tried to "Resolve using theirs", I tried using "Resolve using mine" and I did not get the error.

Using SourceTree 2.1.11.0 / Windows 7

Same root problem here, restarted machine checked status of files (they were not locked by another process or marked as read only) 

The only way I was able to resolve is to use TortoiseGet and resolve "Using mine' 

Of course SourceTree lost the mergeconflix message that was previously  nicely populated in my window.  Overall I'm very disappointed in SourceTree, very slow performance, locks regularly, and provides unfortunate situations like this on a monthly basis.  These tools should be rock and not require me to look for other solutions/workarounds for core functionality. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Service Desk

Wy are we still using email for Service Desk workflows?

...attest to the experience of an urgent approval that gets lost in the boss’s inbox and requires that special “Please Approve” email or text message. In an age where we have distributed teams...

110 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you