Copy public key

Simone Fumagalli April 29, 2015

Hello. Is there a way to copy one public key from one repo to another ? In Stash I can only see the beginning of the key and I can't find the original file with the complete public key.

It's an emergency situation. I'll reset/cleanup stuff later.

2 answers

1 vote
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2015

Hi Simone,

You can check the SSH Keys for a repository using the REST API function /rest/keys/1.0/projects/{projectKey}/repos/{repositorySlug}/ssh.

Please notice that, if you hover the key in the UI, Stash is going to show you the full key. I understand though you wouldn't be able to copy it this way, so for now you will need to get it by using the REST API function above.

I think this would be interesting to have in the UI though, so I created a suggestion to have this implemented. You can see it at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-7352. Please feel free to add any comments to it, as well as vote and add yourself as a watcher to track its progress.

Regards,

Gustavo

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2015

You can probably save your full public key from <stash server>/plugins/servlet/ssh/account/keys

On the other hand, in an emergency, you will also need your private key, which you also seem to be missing.

I think the best course of action would be to generate a new key (with a backup somewhere), add it to your Stash profile and make your clients use the new one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events