Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinating BitBucket with cPanel's GIT Version Control

kiusau October 17, 2019

After several weeks I have still not been able to integrate BitBucket with cPanel's GIT Version Control.

BACKGROUND:  I have succeeded in creating three repositories and have limited communication between them: a local repository on my own machine, a BitBucket repository at Atlassian, and a repository at Lunarpages where my site is hosted, and I do most of my work.

According to Atlassian the following represents a successful SSH connection

[root@vps ~]# ssh -T git@bitbucket.org
logged in as [my_username]

You can use git or hg to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled
[root@vps ~]#

Now the model that I am trying to implement with cPanel's GIT Version Control is the Pull Deployment model provided at

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/Guide+to+Git+-+Deployment#41bd0659fd2348e49132099a5e65f6c3

When I try to implement this model I am told the following by GIT Version Control.

"The system could not contact the remote repository. Some actions are currently unavailable."

This suggests that I must enable Shell access at Atlassian.

QUESTION:  How do I enable Shell access?

Roddy

1 answer

0 votes
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Hello @kiusau,

I believe cPanel tries to run a regular git pull from your Bitbucket repository, and the problem is that the authentication is misconfigured. Shell access is not required for this.

So please double check the credentials or SSH key you've set in cPanel. Ideally this should be an access key or an app password rather than your own regular Bitbucket credentials.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Daniil

kiusau November 26, 2019

I believe that you are correct about the problem of shell access.  The problem was resolved by deleting the original Bitbucket account.  In my ignorance I had recreated two overlapping accounts with different names.  This resulted in a clone path that did not match the account name to which the SSH key was pointing.

Like Armen Petrosyan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events