Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container 'Build' exceeded memory limit.

northrowtest July 5, 2018

Hi Folks,

I'm try to build a 1.5gb GWT app and running into some problems, I get a message container  "Build" running out of memory.

Capture.PNG

I read that "The build container is always allocated 1024 MB of this, which covers your build process and some Pipelines overheads (agent container, logging, etc).here

I've increased the pipeline step to max size and increased the memory available to the maven service to max

My configuration

image: maven:3.5.4

pipelines:
default:
- step:
size: 2x
caches:
- maven
name: Build UI
script:
- mvn clean install
definitions:
services:
maven:
image: maven:3.5.4
memory: 7128

note: The GWT portion of the app requires additional memory 

-Dgwt.extraJvmArgs="-Xms1g -Xmx2g"

That's the furthest its run, was building the war this time. so close!

Am I missing something?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
northrowtest July 9, 2018

The problem was GWT.. (

-Dgwt.extraJvmArgs="-Xms1G -Xmx2G"

) 2 gig is enough to compile a single instance but GWT compiles multiple permutations so at one stage I was using 5 x 2G hence exceeding 8G limit

I found my solution here, check out the diagrams: https://www.sencha.com/blog/using-the-gwt-compiler-for-better-builds-2/

GWT has a number of setting to reduce memory requirements during compile, most result in longer build times but that OK

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2018

Thanks for sharing the solution with the rest of the Community, glad you figured it out :)

Have a good day!

Ana

Like Edward Buba likes this
0 votes
Farhat Shoaib
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 20, 2023
  • shoaib

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events