Connecting to Stash with Visual Studio

William Yeack February 19, 2014

I want to integrate my code with my JIRA and Confluence servers. I currently use TFS. I know that TFS supports GIT, but is there a way to directly connect to a Stash server using Visual Studio?

2 answers

1 vote
Steve Souza November 4, 2014

"Currently we don't have any extensions to VS that would enable you so to, for example, a list of projects or repositories."

As great as your suite of products is, I think you're missing a very big boat by NOT seamlessly integrating at least a subset of Stash functionality (clone, fetch, commit, pull) into a Visual Studio plugin or CONNECTOR.  It's basic SCM functionality calls that are done by countless other vendors' Visual Studio integration plugins; so I'm not sure what the issues are–or the holdup is–in getting Stash bolted up.  That you would do a Visual Studio connector with everything BUT Stash functionality is almost like thumbing your nose at your customers.  We have TFS folks in our enterprise who, but for that missing integration, would be on Atlassian tools.   $$$ for Atlassian.

William Yeack November 4, 2014

The new visual studio is is fully compatible with Git repositories - I haven't tried it, but I bet you could just connect to Stash without needing any addons at all.

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

Hi William,

Depends on what you mean 'connect'? You can definitely continue to use your Git repositories with Visual Studio, which could be fetched from Stash instead. Currently we don't have any extensions to VS that would enable you so to, for example, a list of projects or repositories.

Some related answers:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/182055/how-stash-integrates-with-visual-studio-and-jira

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/246557/tfs-with-git-repository-and-stash-integration-is-it-possible

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events