Connecting local SVN with JIRA onDemand

Vladimir Vlach March 19, 2012

Can you point the right combination of products we shoud use in order to connect our local SVN to Jira onDemand?

We commit to local SVN and we'd like comments to be reflected in Jira issues. We don't necessary need SVN hosting from Atlassian. Some post-commit script would do I guess.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2012

Hi Vladimir,

The only easy way to get commits showing in JIRA OnDemand is to use the SVN repository hosted by us.

It may be possible to use the JIRA APIs to add a comment relating to a commit, but it would require a non-trivial amount of work on your end.

Any reason why you don't want to use the SVN hosting option in OnDemand?

-Simon

Vladimir Vlach March 20, 2012

Well, problem is that we don't want to giveaway our sourcecode - Personally, I think Atlassian is very solid and trustworthy however it's no go at this moment. Thanks, we'll just use Jira as is then :(

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2012

Ah, I understand. If it helps, our datacenter Contegix adheres to strict data protection standards, and many large companies are using the SVN hosing option already.

We do have a feature request for this though. Please vote and comment on it! (you'll have to sign up)

https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/JST-710

0 votes
Yves Berquin [Matrix Requirements] November 29, 2016

Our product, Svn Gateway, do this by running a little feeder on your intranet, that sends the commit comments (NOT the code wink ) to our add-on.

See here for the add-on page, and here for the documentation

Yves, co-founder Matrix Requirements GmbH

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events