Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting bitbucket repo which is not expose on the internet

sai March 30, 2023

Hi Team,

We are trying to create a service connection for bit bucket from Azure Devops but receiving following error.

Unauthorized request. Bitbucket returned the error: 'VS30063: You are not authorized to access https://api.bitbucket.org.'

My URL is not accessible over the internet.

Need bitbuckets team help to understand what settings can be changed to make it accessible (API access/non-Interactive)

My URL is :  "https://codecloud.web.att.com/projects/"

ErrorSnippet.PNG

Thanks,

Sainath

2 answers

0 votes
sai April 4, 2023

Hi Syahrul,

We tried with both the options which you have shared.

1.OAuth:

When we are using the OAuth, it asking the @ email id. But we are using Mechid to login into the codecloud it doesn't have the domain name. We tried creating the service connection with Mechid and password getting below error.

Unauthorized request. Bitbucket returned the error: 'VS30063: You are not authorized to access https://api.bitbucket.org.' 

2.Basic Authentication:

In Basic Authentication method, I am unable to create the APP Password.  Not able to figure out the option to create the app password in my bitbucket UI as per the instructions shared on App Password Hyperlink.

Please find the attached screenshots for the same. And let me know if any other way to fix this issue.

OAuth Issue:

OAuth.PNG

App_Password unable to create, Not finding the given options in my UI.

App_Password.PNG

Thanks,

Sainath

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2023

G'day @sai 

It appears that you are using Bitbucket Server instead of Bitbucket Cloud, so the suggestions I previously provided may not be applicable since they are intended for the cloud version only.

As I am not an expert in Bitbucket Server, I may not be able to assist you much further. However, I did find some documentation that may help you with configuring your Bitbucket Server with Azure.

Cheers,
Syahrul

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2023

G'day @sai, and welcome to the community!

To connect your Azure instance to Bitbucket Cloud you have the following options :

• OAuth: you will be redirected to Bitbucket website and will have to grant Azure access. The Bitbucket account you are logged in to while creating the connection should be an administrator of the workspace.
  • Basic Authentication (username and app password): Create a service connection in Azure using your bitbucket username (not email address) and an App Password (not your account password) with the required permissions. You can try creating an App Password with full permissions and check how it goes.

Microsoft has detailed documentation on how to configure the connection to Bitbucket Cloud, which covers both scenarios above, and you can find it in the following link :

Hope that helps! 

Cheers,
Syahrul

sai April 3, 2023

Hi Syahrul,

Thanks for your valuable response. I will follow the given steps to get the source code from repo and will update you.

Thanks,

Sainath

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events