Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Fisheye to Existing Git Repository

Sean McBride September 6, 2012

Hello,

I'm getting the following error when I try to connect FishEye to my exiting Git repository.

I am trying to connect using the server's IP address as opposed to the URL like the example show. I don't want to create a dns entry solely for this purpose.

Error testing connection.
Error talking to repository:

at com.atlassian.fisheye.git.GitScmConfig.testConnection(GitScmConfig.java:158)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.RepositoryConfig.testConnection(RepositoryConfig.java:444)
at com.atlassian.fisheye.spi.admin.impl.DefaultRepositoryAdminService.testConnectionFor(DefaultRepositoryAdminService.java:538)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

Connection failed.

Thanks for your help.

Sean

2 answers

0 votes
Conor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2012

If you turn on debug logging and rerun your connection test, FishEye will log the git commands it is using to talk to your git repository.

You can then run those same commands on your command line to see if they work from the command line which should help you to further diagnose problems.

FishEye uses a git ls-remote command to test its access to the remote repository.

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Hi SMcBride,

This could be a configuration issue, or it could be an bug in Fisheye. You should be able to connect via direct IP.

Double-check the IP address - if you keep getting this error, you should go through our support team to get it resolved.

http://support.atlassian.com

Let us know the resolution here if you go this route.

-Simon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events