Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to Selenium service from within docker container

bsuttis April 9, 2021

In Pipelines I can install a Drupal site successfully and from within its container I can access it at http://localhost:80. I am executing Behat tests and non-@javascript scenarios are working (via goutte) but @javascript scenarios are failing (via selenium2). I get the following error when running a @javascript scenario:

unknown error: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
  (Session info: chrome=89.0.4389.82)
  (Driver info: chromedriver=89.0.4389.23 (61b08ee2c50024bab004e48d2b1b083cdbdac579-refs/branch-heads/4389@{#294}),platform=Linux 5.4.92-flatcar x86_64) (WebDriver\Exception\UnknownError)

I'm wondering if it's possible to connect to the Selenium service from within the container?

In a build step, I run:

docker exec -i app bash -c "echo \"$BITBUCKET_DOCKER_HOST_INTERNAL host.docker.internal\" >> /etc/hosts"

This allows me to access the mysql service at host.docker.internal:3306 from within the container.

I assume the same should work for the Selenium service, making it accessible at host.docker.internal:4444 from within the container but the error above is output.

Here is part of my bitbucket-pipelines.yml file to help provide some more context:

pipelines:
  default:
    - step:
        script:
          - docker build -t my-ci .
          - docker run -dit --name app -p 8080:80 my-ci
          - sleep 5
          - docker ps
          - docker exec -i app bash -c "echo \"$BITBUCKET_DOCKER_HOST_INTERNAL host.docker.internal\" >> /etc/hosts && /var/www/vendor/drush/drush/drush si --db-url=mysql://drupal:drupal@host.docker.internal:3306/drupal -vvv"
          - docker exec -i app bash -c "curl http://localhost:80/user/login"
          - docker exec -i app bash -c "cd /var/www/tests/behat && composer install && bin/behat"
        services:
          - docker
          - mysql
          - google-chrome

definitions:
  services:
    mysql:
      image: mysql:5.7
      environment:
        MYSQL_DATABASE: 'drupal'
        MYSQL_USER: 'drupal'
        MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD: 'root'
        MYSQL_PASSWORD: 'drupal'
    google-chrome:
      image: selenium/standalone-chrome

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bsuttis April 13, 2021

After a lot of trial and error I realized the mapping of 8080:80 was causing issues. Instead I mapped 80:80 and I can now successfully run my Behat @javascript tests.

alfered marshal July 15, 2022

Hey, thanks for posting here i am sharing the most popular trending online certification course that will advance your career. Learn oracle Certifiaction Training 

0 votes
alfered marshal July 15, 2022

Hey, thanks for posting here i am sharing the most popular trending online certification course that will advance your career. Learn oracle Certifiaction Training and enroll now to get!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events