Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Bitbucket with Azure DevOps

ready4leads February 23, 2019

Hi all!

I would like to connect Bitbucket with Azure Dev Ops and especially I want to display the build status of some branch, related to the ID of the Azure Ticket Id in the Ticket as Comment or somehow.

Thanks

Nik

3 answers

2 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2019

Hi Nik, welcome to the Community!

Have you followed our documentation already? You can also find documentation from Azure's side

Let us know if you encounter any problems!

Best regards,

Ana

Chris Scallion July 3, 2019

I'm not the original poster, but that "our documentation" link points to information about deploying to Azure (proper). For all intents and purposes, that information has nothing to do with the DevOps application nor does it speak to what the OP is trying to achieve. Just putting that out there.

Like # people like this
Joshua Day July 8, 2019

Yep agreed, this response from @Ana Retamal is not useful for this question.

Basically since Pipelines can't build using windows docker containers (with no updates on progress) we've had no option but to move to azure devops. I'm wanting to keep the same build visibility (as with bamboo cloud (defunct) or pipelines) that we had previously however I can't seem to find any information regarding that.

I wish Atlassian hadn't removed bamboo cloud prior to the ability to replace it properly with pipelines.
Joshua Day August 15, 2019

There is now a bit bucket source which allows dev ops to push the build status. From what I can tell it only pushed it with a CI task not a manual build and works seamlessly changing from git source to bitbucket source

Aniket Rai August 23, 2019

Any updates on this?

Joshua Day August 25, 2019

I think this is built in service in Devops and not dealt with by atlassian, so should prob contact them if you need build status of manual builds coming through. Might also be just my setup for some reason. Give it a go and see how it works from you.

Vinayak Mahindrakar April 17, 2023

How can I see commits and pull requests to work board items, and also create feature branches on Bitbucket repo from within Azure DevOps board Items ?
Can anyone please help if they have fixed something similar

0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2020

Hi,

You can trigger Microsoft Azure DevOps Pipelines from Bitbucket Server or Data Center using our Bitbucket Post Webhook App.

Here is a quick demo

https://youtu.be/qq8PudEqhuE

0 votes
Rui Wan June 26, 2020

This doc in Azure DevOps is for using the Azure DevOps pipeline with bitbucket repo.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/pipelines/repos/bitbucket?view=azure-devops&tabs=yaml

Som Mohanty February 4, 2021

This is a good resource but the article shows from Bitbucket Cloud to Azure. Are there any ways from on-prem Bitbucket server to Azure cloud?   

Thanks.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events