Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Configuring Minimum Required Successful Builds

Hi, 

I have a project with two builds run against our pull requests. One bamboo build is very slow, one is very fast. 

When I turn on the merge check "minimum number of builds: 1", I can only merge if both builds have passed and have completed. This doesn't match my expectation, which is that it would (at the very least) allow me to merge if i had 1 passing and 1 failing build. 

Is there anyway to circumvent this behavior without turning off the merge check entirely? 

1 answer

1 vote
Lucy Atlassian Team May 17, 2018

Hi Jacob,

This is the intended behaviour. If you look at the dialog where you configure the number of required builds it says:

If there are more builds than specified above, they are all required to be successful in order to merge the pull request.

However, BBS also assumes you'd want to wait for any in progress builds, and will block a merge for those builds as well. This isn't clear in the messaging though. I've raised a suggestion to clarify this discrepancy.

Cheers,
Lucy

Hi Lucy.

Due to the comment, all builds should be successful, no matter which number you specify, is that really expected behaviour?

Is there any way to check only last build?

Thanks, 

Nataliia

Like # people like this

Lucy, I'm dealing with the same thing. If you've got 10 builds, and the first 2 fail, you have to somehow get the first 2 to run again even though the last 8 have been successful. This is not good behavior. 

Like Justin van der Zee likes this

I really don't get this "feature" either. Only in a picture perfect world where no build is flaky would you ever want this. 

For example, I run a build for a commit (using Jenkins). The build fails because of some misconfiguration / unavaible 3rd party server or whatever. You rerun the build and this time it succeeds.

But since it's the same commit you ran the previous build against you can't merge...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,161 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you