Configure merge check for all repos hierarchically?

Nathan Gourley March 2, 2021

We have Bitbucket Cloud Premium. We would like to configure a merge check (for no requested changes) at the project level such that all sub-repos automatically inherit this check (rather than having to set it independently for every repo). This appears to be feasible in Bitbucket Server according to the docs [1] but I do not see an option (even as a Bitbucket Admin) to configure this in Bitbucket Cloud.

Is this possible, or must we set it for every existing and newly created repo? Anyone know of a method or workaround? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[1] - https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/checks-for-merging-pull-requests-776640039.html#Checksformergingpullrequests-Configuremergechecksforallrepositoriesinaproject

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2021

Hi @Nathan Gourley,

I'm afraid that it is not possible to configure merge checks at the project level in Bitbucket Cloud.

We do have a feature request for the ability to configure branch permissions (merge checks are included in branch permissions) for all repositories in a workspace:

Is this something that would work for you, or would you prefer to do in on a project level? If it's the latter, please let me know and I can open a feature request for adding this functionality on projects.

In the meantime, one suggestion I can make would be to write a script that sets specific branch permissions, including merge checks, using our API:

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Nathan Gourley March 12, 2021

Hi Theodora, I believe BCLOUD-14566 would be sufficient for our needs, so this can be closed in favor of another vote for that suggestion.

Thanks,
Nathan

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events