Conditionals in bitbucket pipelines

Meagan August 3, 2022

We have a pipeline where we really need to do:

condition:
changesets:
excludePath:
- "dist"

But sadly it doesn't seem like excludePath exists - at least from what I can tell from stack overflow. I couldn't find anything on bitbucket pipeline docs about conditions at all. Even with Ctrl+F.

Currently we have something like

condition:
changesets:
includePaths:
- "src/**"...

but it doesn't add all subfolders under src. 

We have a lot of subdirectories, so do I just need

src/**/**/**/**/**/**/*

or something like that in the include path? Not very nice if we add more subfolders.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2022

Hi @Meagan Hiatt,

At the moment, we don't support the option excludePaths in the 'condition' section. we have a feature request in our issue tracker about this:

I would suggest adding your vote to that feature request (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features.

You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

A condition like the following:

condition:
changesets:
includePaths:
- "src/**"

should trigger a pipeline when there are changes in files of src and also subdirectories of src.

1. Could you please clarify what you mean that "it doesn't add all subfolders under src."?
Is the pipeline not triggered?

2. Is your goal to have the pipeline triggered when there are changes in any files under src, and also files in all subdirectories of src?

3. Is this a pipeline that runs on branches? Tags? Pull requests? The default one? Or a custom pipeline?

4. What kind of change do you make that doesn't trigger the pipeline (if that is the issue)?
Do you edit a file in a subdirectory of src? Or Add a new file? Delete a file? Or something else?
What is the depth of the subdirectory where you make the change?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events