Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commit reference upon resolving a public issue on a private repository

Mathias Brodala October 31, 2013

Given the following setup:

• Private repository
  • Public issue tracker
  • A commit is pusshed to the repository containing something like "Fixes #NNN"

This would normally mark issue NNN as resolved. But would it also contain a reference to the resolving commit (shown as "→ <<cset SHA1>>") in this setup?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mathias Brodala November 20, 2013

As written in the comments, this can not be achieved with the built in tracker on Bitbucket, only with JIRA.

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2013

Yes, you will have a commit tab for the JIRA issue and that will show all commits as well as hyperlinks back to the original github or bitbucket commits.

More details available here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Processing+JIRA+issues+with+commit+messages

Mathias Brodala November 4, 2013

Good to know. Is there a way to fix issues via commit messages as usual but not have a commit reference appear in the issue? Sometimes the reporter is not supposed to see the exact change.

Mathias Brodala November 19, 2013

Could you give me a hint about my question?

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2013

You cannot prevent a single commit from showing up on a single issue. However, you can set the "View Development Tools" permissions in a way that some users cannot see the commit tab at all.

Where are these "View Development Tools" located? They are nowhere to be found in the repository settings.

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
November 19, 2013

This is part of the permission scheme in JIRA on your project.

What about the internal issue tracker for Bitbucket repositories? There are no such options available for that one.

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
November 19, 2013

That is correct. The Bitbucket issue tracker has a limited set of features compared to the full featured JIRA. Sorry that I misunderstood this in your original request.

Mathias Brodala November 20, 2013

So this feature cannot be achieved by the built in tracker on Bitbucket, am I correct?

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
November 20, 2013

Correct. The Bitbucket issue tracker will not have this feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events