Commit reference upon resolving a public issue on a private repository

Given the following setup:

• Private repository
  • Public issue tracker
  • A commit is pusshed to the repository containing something like "Fixes #NNN"

This would normally mark issue NNN as resolved. But would it also contain a reference to the resolving commit (shown as "→ <<cset SHA1>>") in this setup?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

As written in the comments, this can not be achieved with the built in tracker on Bitbucket, only with JIRA.

0 votes
Jason Worley Atlassian Team Nov 03, 2013

Yes, you will have a commit tab for the JIRA issue and that will show all commits as well as hyperlinks back to the original github or bitbucket commits.

More details available here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Processing+JIRA+issues+with+commit+messages

Good to know. Is there a way to fix issues via commit messages as usual but not have a commit reference appear in the issue? Sometimes the reporter is not supposed to see the exact change.

Could you give me a hint about my question?

You cannot prevent a single commit from showing up on a single issue. However, you can set the "View Development Tools" permissions in a way that some users cannot see the commit tab at all.

Where are these "View Development Tools" located? They are nowhere to be found in the repository settings.

This is part of the permission scheme in JIRA on your project.

What about the internal issue tracker for Bitbucket repositories? There are no such options available for that one.

That is correct. The Bitbucket issue tracker has a limited set of features compared to the full featured JIRA. Sorry that I misunderstood this in your original request.

So this feature cannot be achieved by the built in tracker on Bitbucket, am I correct?

Correct. The Bitbucket issue tracker will not have this feature.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

189 views 3 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you