Commit is OK but Pull don´t

Hello, I'm newbie using git but I think it is awesome. I've been working with Git a couple of months ago without issues. Right now, I don't know what I did wrong and I need help trying to find out how can I solve it. When I commit my code, everything works well. But, when I do pull, nothing happen. No changes are sent it to my remote repository. No error message appears. I'm using Eclipse with EGit and also SmartGit. Both of them act in same way. Nothing happens.

Regards,

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy Chin Community Champion Dec 13, 2016

Do you mean push or pull

git pull:

Pulling is the automated version of git fetch. It downloads a branch from a remote repository, then immediately merges it into the current branch. This is the Git equivalent of svn update

git push:

Pushing is the opposite of fetching (with a few caveats). It lets you move a local branch to another repository, which serves as a convenient way to publish contributions. This is like svn commit, but it sends a series of commits instead of a single changeset.

Hello Timothy: Thank you for your answer. I'm talking about Git Push. Basically, after committing code changes to my local repository, I have an error when I push my code to my Bitbucket remote repository.

Jim Redmond Atlassian Team Dec 13, 2016

What does that error message say?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

417 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you